- 4th Saturday of each month (except August & December)
- Ron Spieker firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-­671-1346
- Vas Madhava email@example.com
- CI SIG Retrospective - Oct, 2002 - SEP, 2006 * * * 4 Years
- Recent: 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010
CI SIG Coming Events
- Date: Saturday, July 26, 2014
- Time: 10:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Dolly Madison Library, McLean, VA
(see directions map)
- Joseph J. Dankowski, CFP®, Vice President, First Financial Group, Baltimore, MD
- Retirement Income: Planning and Distribution Strategies
- The presentation will focus on strategies to recreate your paycheck in retirement, how to draw an income
from your assets in tax efficient manner, and how to create safety nets in your overall plan. This session will
benefit those who are nearing retirement as well as those who may already be in the retirement phase of their
life. Most people know how to save and accumulate wealth and most do not know how to turn the savings into income.
- Attend this meeting to learn:
- Steps you can take today to recreate your paycheck in retirement
- How to draw down or off of your assets to try and minimize taxes
- How to build buffers and safety nets in your retirement income
- Reasons to Attend:
- So you have saved for years, do you know how to create income from your savings?
- What steps have you taken to protect your retirement income from market volatility? What if we have another year like 2008?
- What have you done to protect your retirement income from rising taxes and health care costs?
Joseph Dankowski is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP) with the First Financial Group, one the largest independent financial services firms in the Mid-Atlantic region.
He leads a financial planning practice that assists corporate executives, entrepreneurs, physicians, business owners, and their families to develop and implement coordinated wealth management and financial strategies. Concurrent to his role as a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Joseph is also Vice President of the First Financial Group and is accountable for the firm's growth, product distribution, revenue, and risk management.
Previously, Joseph led the financial planning and wealth management division for Ameriprise Financial in Baltimore, Maryland and the Washington D.C. metro area. There he led 50 financial advisors and staff. He resides with his wife, Desiree, son, Tripp, and dog, Bogart in Baldwin, MD. He enjoys fitness, cooking, golf, real estate, skiing in the winter and beach activities in the summer.
- Third Wednesday of each month (except where noted)
- Bethesda Library
7400 Arlington Road
Bethesda, MD 20814 (see map
- 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Andy Thompson e-mail
- Ferd Hassler e-mail
- Sondra Katz e-mail
- To join the mailing list, send an email to Sondra Katz
MISIG Coming Events
- Date: July 16, 2014
- Elizabeth Mulcahy, VP and fiancial advisor, Schwab
- Fixed Income Investing
- No meeting in August
- Date: September 17, 2014
- There will be a speaker from Investors Business Daily
- Date: October 15, 2014
- Paul Sexton, broker, Edward Jones brokerage
- Alternative Investments
- Date: November 20, 2014 (third Thursday)
- Doug Wolford, president, Convergent Wealth Advisors
- What to Look For in an Advisor
- No Meeting in December