- 4th Saturday of each month (except August & December)
- Great Falls Library (see directions)
- 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA , 22066-2634
- Ron Spieker firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-­671-1346
- Vas Madhava email@example.com
- CI SIG Retrospective - Oct, 2002 - SEP, 2006 * * * 4 Years
- Recent: 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010
CI SIG Coming Events
No meeting in August◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
- Date: Saturday, September 27, 2014
- Time: 10:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Carl Perthel, CMT, Portfolio Manager AAMG
- Buy in May and Go Away… Still Relevant?
9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA , 22066-2634
Carl will provide a follow-up presentation to his February presentation to the CISIG by reviewing the history of "Buy in May and Go Away," while discussing industry views from proponents and nay-Sayers regarding this topic. He will review statistical evidence through 2014, comparing "buy and hold" with "Sell In May," so CISIG members may draw their own conclusions regarding this controversial maxim. In his presentation, Carl will also examine the Presidential Cycle and its possible implications during the 2014 "Sell in May" time frame and why 2014 may be the most important year to recognize "Sell In May." Further, Carl will present an optimized version of Sell In May that may enhance portfolio returns.
Carl Perthel, CMT has served as Portfolio Manager for American Asset Management Group, Inc.("AAMG") since 2001 www.aamg.com . He lends his considerable expertise to AAMG in the areas of Sector, Industry Group and Inter-market Analysis. Carl is the author of AAMG's STARS Methodology, an enhanced method of portfolio evaluation.
Mr. Perthel began his career in 1987 with Merrill Lynch & Co. and has served as a Registered Representative with First American National Securities, specializing in the mutual fund industry. In 1994, Mr. Perthel served as an Equity Analyst with a private investment firm, later becoming an Associate Portfolio Manager.
- Third Wednesday of each month (except where noted)
- Bethesda Library
7400 Arlington Road
Bethesda, MD 20814 (see map)
- 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Andy Thompson e-mail
- Ferd Hassler e-mail
- Sondra Katz e-mail
- To join the mailing list, send an email to Sondra Katz
MISIG Coming Events
No meeting in August
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
- Date: September 17, 2014
- There will be a speaker from Investors Business Daily
- Date: October 15, 2014
- Paul Sexton, broker, Edward Jones brokerage
- Alternative Investments
- Date: November 20, 2014 (third Thursday)
- Doug Wolford, president, Convergent Wealth Advisors
- What to Look For in an Advisor
- No Meeting in December