- 4th Saturday of each month (except August & December)
- Ron Spieker send email or 703-­671-1346
- Vas Madhava send email
- CI SIG Retrospective - Oct, 2002 - SEP, 2006 * * * 4 Years
- Recent: 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010
CI SIG Coming Events
- Date: April 25, 2015
- Time: 10:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Dolley-Madison Library (see
- Jack Vogel, Ph.D., Managing member Alpha Architect, LLC
- The Long-Run Outperformance of Value Investing Strategies
Dr. Vogel will discuss the long-run outperformance of value investing strategies through the lens of behavioral finance. He will describe how behavioral finance, the value anomaly, how they interact, and why large pools of capital cannot exploit this opportunity.
Further, Dr. Vogel can additionally answer questions about an important paper on AAII strategies he co-authored. (This is not the main topic of the presentation, but some members might find it valuable for discussion afterwards).ABOUT JACK R VOGEL, PH.D.
Jack Vogel, Ph.D., conducts research in empirical asset pricing and behavioral finance, and has collaborated with Dr. Gray on multiple projects. His dissertation investigates how behavioral biases affect the value anomaly. His academic background includes experience as an instructor and research assistant at Drexel University in both the Finance and Mathematics departments. Dr. Vogel is currently a Managing Member of Alpha Architect, LLC, an SEC-Registered Investment Advisor, where he heads the research department and serves as the Chief Financial Officer. He has a PhD in Finance and a MS in Mathematics from Drexel University, and graduated summa cum laude with a BS in Mathematics and Education from The University of Scranton.
ABOUT ALPHA ARCHITECT
ALPHA ARCHITECT exists to empower investors through education. The firm has three core beliefs:
- Systematic decision-making, not ad-hoc decision-making
- Empirical-based investing, not story-based investing
- Transparency, not black-boxes
We are leading a revolution to deliver robust, high-conviction strategies at affordable costs. Three words describe our unique approach: Affordable. Active. Alpha. The foundation for our approach is grounded in the science of behavioral finance and can be described in two steps:
- We identify mispricing caused by investors' persistent behavioral bias.
- We design systematic algorithms that are Built to Beat Behavioral Bias.
- Third Wednesday of each month (except where noted)
7400 Arlington Road,
Bethesda, MD 20814 (see map)
- 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Andy Thompson e-mail
- Ferd Hassler e-mail
- Sondra Katz e-mail
- To join the mailing list, send an email to Sondra Katz
MISIG Coming Events
- Date: April 15, 2015 (third Wednesday)
- Carolann D. Brown, Senior Vice President - Wealth Management,
The Brown Group of UBS Financial Services
- Market Outlook
- Date: May 20, 2015 (third Wednesday)
- Carl Perthel
- Sell in May and Go Away
- Date: June 17, 2015 (third Wednesday)
- Douglas L. Wolford, CEO, Convergent Wealth Advisors
- What to Look For in a Financial Advisor