- 4th Saturday of each month (except August & December)
- Ron Spieker send email or 703-­671-1346
- Vas Madhava send email
- CI SIG Retrospective - Oct, 2002 - SEP, 2006 * * * 4 Years
- Recent: 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010
CI SIG Coming Events
- Date: September 26, 2015
- Time: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Great Falls library,
9830 Georgetown Pike,
Great Falls, VA 22066(see directions)
- Andrew Woolridge, CIMA®, Managing Director, Convergent Wealth Advisors
- Portfolio Risk Management
- Mr. Woolridge will discuss how to manage "market" related risks and fear of the unknown in an investment portfolio.
Andrew Woolridge serves primarily as a senior trusted advisor in many of the Independence by ConvergentTM client relationships. With over 14 years of investment industry experience, Drew is responsible for advising and guiding clients on a broad range of wealth management needs, including portfolio design, asset allocation, and plan implementation. He also works closely with clients' external advisors to help develop and implement wealth solutions designed to make clients' lives easier.
Prior to joining Convergent in May of 2006, Drew was the Investment Officer for CNB Bank's Trust and Asset Management Division. He was also the President/Director for CNB Investment Corporation. In addition to investment research and portfolio management, Drew worked on the development and implementation of investment strategies for client assets.
Drew holds both a Bachelor of Science degree and a Master's of Business Administration with a concentration in Finance from The Pennsylvania State University. He holds the Certified Investment Management AnalystSM designation administered by the Investment Management Consultants AssociationSM as taught in conjunction with The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. He also holds the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Series 65 license.
While pursuing his graduate studies in business and finance at Penn State, Drew was one of the key participants in launching the Nittany Lion Fund, LLC. The Nittany Lion Fund is Penn State's alumni invested, student-run, ~$6.3 million investment fund. Unlike most of the nearly 200 other student-managed investment funds around the country, the Nittany Lion Fund did not come from the university's endowment. Instead, eighty four individual investors each placed between $25,000 and $500,000 under the stewardship of a select group of student fund managers.
A native of north central Pennsylvania, Drew is an active outdoorsman. In addition to spending time in the Pennsylvania countryside, he keeps active ties with his alma mater and provides both current students and alumni with career advice, as well as being a periodic guest lecturer. Drew has also participated in mentoring/lecturing for the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Germantown, MD.◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
- Third Wednesday of each month (except where noted)
7400 Arlington Road,
Bethesda, MD 20814 (see map)
- 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Andy Thompson e-mail
- Ferd Hassler e-mail
- Sondra Katz e-mail
- To join the mailing list, send an email to Sondra Katz
MISIG Coming Events
- Date: Thursday, September 17, 2015
- Bob Pugh, CFA, CFP® President and Founder, Insight Wealth Management, Inc.
- Reading the Tea Leaves (or trying to make sense of economists, politicians and Federal Reserve officials)
- This month we're meeting on a Thursday
- This workshop will survey some of the key issues facing investors in upcoming months. No one can predict the future, stock prices, or market behavior. However, developing sound expectations based on objective analysis is an important part of the investing process. This applies to short-term investors seeking to select securities with greater chances of performing well, or long-term investors who want to balance risk and return in their asset allocation targets. In this session we will cover policy trends by the Federal Reserve and other central banks, and potential impacts of those trends on equities, bonds and exchange rates. We'll look at valuations in some key markets, economic trends and global political-economic concerns, including the 2016 U.S. presidential election.
- Attend This Meeting To Learn
- What the Federal Reserve and other central banks have been doing and saying recently (will she or won't she).
- How the economy has been performing, and how future trends could impact your investments (Chicken Little rides again).
- Some risks that might keep you awake (fear the moose more than the dragon).
- Reasons To Attend
- Learn some fundamental techniques of incorporating economic and market expectations into investment decision-making.
- Review the latest market gyrations, and what current valuations might portend for the future.
- Become a more astute observer of the Federal Reserve, and understand the impact of monetary policy on markets.
Bob is the President and Founder of Insight Wealth Management, Inc. (www.insightwealth.com), an independent Registered Investment Adviser in Gainesville, VA, providing fee-only investment management and comprehensive financial planning services. He is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor, and a member of the Financial Planning Association and the National Association for Business Economics. Bob has served as both President of the CFA Society of Washington, DC, and Eastern Region Presidents Council Representative with the CFA Institute. He has over twenty-five years of experience as an economist, financial educator, analyst, portfolio manager and financial planner. He has worked as an economic and financial analyst with the Central Intelligence Agency, local government, and private investment management. He teaches Level III CFA Exam review for the CFA Society of Washington, DC and the World Bank. Bob earned graduate degrees in global political economy from The Johns Hopkins University, School of Advanced International Studies, and in financial economics from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊