- "Simple, but not Simplistic, Investing at Home and Abroad"
- Alec Lucas, Strategist at Morningstar Inc.
With nearly 8,000 different U.S. mutual funds in existence today, investors have a vast array of options to build portfolios that are broadly diversified across asset classes and geographies. Yet, they also face the challenge of knowing which funds to choose and how to use them well. Morningstar Research Services provides independent and ongoing assessment of “Best-in-Class” funds to consider. This presentation will draw on Morningstar’s highly regarded research and modeling that helps investors move towards a simple, but not simplistic, approach to investing.
- Believe it or not, all investors are active and passive to varying degrees. What could this mean for your success?
- How incorporating country revenue exposures into your diversified portfolio construction efforts can improve your portfolio’s performance
- A review of various active and passive model portfolios that all individual investors should consider
Alec Lucas is a strategist on Morningstar’s equity strategies manager research team. A recipient of the 2019 Citywire Professional Buyer Rising Star Award and with Morningstar since 2013, his research interests include the role of private placements in open-end funds and the tradeoff between yield and total return. Lucas covers equity funds from asset managers such as Capital Group and Wellington Management. From 2010 to 2011, he was a Fulbright Scholar at the University of Heidelberg and holds a doctorate in theology, with distinction, from Loyola University Chicago..
- "To be Announced"
- To be Announced